Boardistan is not the world’s first action sports blog, but it knows them well. Founded by “The Editors” sometime in 2007, the site is destined to become a popular one-stop information source for Action Sports professionals and fans of Surfing, Snowboarding, and Skateboarding and the industry that surrounds them.
For the past eleven years The Editors have presented honest, sometimes biting commentary on the business side of action sports as well as aggregating the most compelling stories published in both the mainstream and endemic media. But then they ran into legal issues which forced them to look for work elsewhere.
The name Boardistan is derived from the idea that when the political forces controlling The Industry grow too powerful, the only way to take it back is through the use of freedom fighters. We are those freedom fighters and our republic is Boardistan.
If you have questions, or would like to learn more about Boardistan.com please send email to email@example.com.
For information on sharing your brand message with the readers of Boardistan.com click here for advertising information.
General Conditions and Use
The Editors of Boardistan.com have made their best efforts to present accurate and current information on this website, however, Boardistan.com is a gossip site which features both rumors and conjecture, in addition to accurately reported information. We make no representation nor give any warranty, either expressly or tacitly, for the completeness or correctness of the information on this website. Please be aware that individual pieces of information may no longer be up to date. It is recommended that you verify any information you obtain from this website prior to using it in any form whatever.
Users of this website agree to access the website and its content at their own risk. Neither Boardistan.com nor third parties involved in the writing, production or transmission of this website can be held liable for damage or injury that may result from access or the impossibility of access or from the use or impossibility of use of this website or from the fact that you have relied on information given on this website.
The same holds true for the downloading of information already included, in particular updates and other such information offered. Boardistan.com reserves itself the right to modify parts or all of this internet offering or to change, to extend, to eliminate, or to completely terminate it at any time.
This website contains links/references to third-party websites. By providing such links, Boardistan.com does not give its approval to the contents of those websites. Neither do we accept any responsibility for the availability or the contents of such websites or any liability for damage or injury resulting from the use of such contents, of whatever form. Links to other websites are presented to website users merely for the sake of convenience. Users who choose to access such websites do so at their own risk.
Boardistan.com has no concrete awareness of illegal or offensive content on the pages of any linked site. Should any of the linked pages from foreign sites contain either illegal or offensive content, Boardistan.com expressly distances itself from it.
Rules Of Conduct For Comments Section
The following Rules of Conduct apply to the Boardistan.com site. By using this site you agree that you will not Distribute any Submission that:
1. (a) is defamatory, abusive, harassing, threatening, or an invasion of a right of privacy of another person; (b) is bigoted, hateful, or racially or otherwise offensive; (c) is violent, vulgar, obscene, pornographic or otherwise sexually explicit; or (d) otherwise harms or can reasonably be expected to harm any person or entity;
2. is illegal or encourages or advocates illegal activity or the discussion of illegal activities with the intent to commit them, including a Submission that is, or represents an attempt to engage in, child pornography, stalking, sexual assault, fraud, trafficking in obscene or stolen material, drug dealing and/or drug abuse, harassment, theft, or conspiracy to commit any criminal activity;
3. infringes or violates any right of a third party including: (a) copyright, patent, trademark, trade secret or other proprietary or contractual rights; (b) right of privacy (specifically, you must not distribute another person’s personal information of any kind without their express permission) or publicity; or (c) any confidentiality obligation;
4. is commercial, business-related or advertises or offers to sell any products, services or otherwise (whether or not for profit), or solicits others (including solicitations for contributions or donations);
5. contains a virus or other harmful component, or otherwise tampers with, impairs or damages the WDIG Sites or any connected network, or otherwise interferes with any person or entity’s use or enjoyment of the WDIG Sites; or
6. (a) does not generally pertain to the designated topic or theme of the relevant Public Forum; (b) violates any specific restrictions applicable to a Public Forum, including its age restrictions and procedures; or (c) is antisocial, disruptive, or destructive, including “flaming,” “spamming,” “flooding,” “trolling,” and “griefing” as those terms are commonly understood and used on the Internet.